Easily Mount, Reposition, Or Remove EZ Pass With Sticker Shield®
Note: Sticker type toll transponders can be mounted using Sticker Shield just like any other sticker. See the “How To Apply SunPass” instructions.
MOUNTING EZ PASS TRANSPONDER APPLICATION VIDEO AND WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS
Instructions for Mounting or Removing EZ Pass with Sticker Shield
For best results, make sure your hands and the surface you are working on are clean and free of dirt, dust, moisture and grease.
- Lay the Sticker Shield on a clean flat surface with the protective paper side up.
- Lay the EZ Pass transponder on top of the Sticker Shield to mark where to cut it off (about 1/8 inch all around the transponder). Using scissors, cut the Sticker Shield to size you marked.
- Turn over the piece of Sticker Shield that you cut so the protective paper side is now down.
- The transponder comes with Velcro strips with their own adhesive that you would normally stick onto the windshield, but now you’ll stick them on the shiny side of the piece of Sticker Shield you just cut. Remove the protective film from the Velcro strips, center the transponder over your piece of Sticker Shield, and press it down firmly.
- Remove the protective paper from the Sticker Shield and you’re ready to go.
- To mount the transponder, remove the transponder from the Velcro strips and place just the Sticker Shield with those strips wherever you want. Since Sticker Shield can be easily moved around, you can experiment to find the best location. If you stuck the Velcro directly to your windshield, this would be difficult!
- Rub the Sticker Shield film firmly to make it smooth and remove any air bubbles. Since it’s carrying the weight of the transponder, make sure it’s attached firmly.
- Finally, press the transponder onto the Velcro strips firmly until it pops.
To take the transponder off to move it, just hold the Sticker Shield on the glass while releasing the transponder from the Velcro strips; then remove the Sticker Shield with the Velcro and move it to the new location. You may want to keep the transponder and the Sticker Shield attached by the Velcro while you carry it around, as a clear Sticker Shield with only two Velcro strips is easy to lose!
By the way, Sticker Shield is also good for protecting your transponder from theft. Just remove it and store it out of sight when you park!
Sticker Shield is a versatile product! Here are just a few of the ways it can be used.
Protect Your Vehicle's Integrated Window Defroster Strips
Scraping old stickers off vehicle windows can damage thin defroster strips built in to the glass.
Carpool Lane Stickers
Home Security Stickers
Scrapbooking and Laminating
Transparent Dry Erase Note Board
Make Life Easier
Eliminate the Need To Scrape Off Old Adhesive ResidueBuy Sticker Shield Now
Proudly Made In The USA
5% of all website sales are donated to Disabled American Veterans. Learn More.