How To Easily Reposition Or Remove Toll Transponders With Sticker Shield®
Mounting your new toll transponder can be a tricky task. Your provider probably has requirements for where it should go, and you want to make sure it doesn't get stuck in a location that blocks your visibility. Sticker Shield helps ensure that you won't have to scrape off old adhesive residue when it's time to remove the transponder and will make repositioning the toll transponder a breeze.
Note: Sticker type toll transponders can be mounted using Sticker Shield just like any other sticker. See the “Make Any Sticker a Removable Sticker” instructions.
TOLL TRANSPONDER APPLICATION VIDEO AND WRITTEN DIRECTIONS
How To Use Sticker Shield To Reposition or Remove Toll Transponders
For best results, make sure your hands and the surface you are working on are clean and free of dirt, dust, moisture and grease.
- Lay the Sticker Shield on a clean flat surface with the protective paper side up.
- Lay the transponder on top of the Sticker Shield to mark where to cut it off (about 1/8 inch all around the transponder). Using scissors, cut the Sticker Shield to the size you marked.
- Turn over the piece of Sticker Shield that you cut so the protective paper side is now down.
- The transponder comes with Velcro strips with their own adhesive that you would normally stick onto the windshield, but now you’ll stick them on the shiny side of the piece of Sticker Shield you just cut. Remove the protective film from the Velcro strips, center the transponder over your piece of Sticker Shield, and press it down firmly.
- Remove the protective paper from the Sticker Shield and you’re ready to go.
- To mount the transponder, remove the transponder from the Velcro strips and place just the Sticker Shield with those strips wherever you want. Since Sticker Shield can be easily moved around, you can experiment to find the best location. If you stuck the Velcro directly to your windshield, this would be difficult!
- Rub the Sticker Shield film firmly to make it smooth and remove any air bubbles. Since it’s carrying the weight of the transponder, make sure it’s attached firmly.
- Finally, press the transponder onto the Velcro strips firmly until it pops.
Sticker Shield is a versatile product! Here are just a few of the ways it can be used.
Protect Your Vehicle's Integrated Window Defroster Strips
Scraping old stickers off vehicle windows can damage thin defroster strips built in to the glass.
Carpool Lane Stickers
Home Security Stickers
Scrapbooking and Laminating
Transparent Dry Erase Note Board
Making Life Easier
Eliminate The Hassle Of Scraping off Old Adhesive ResidueBuy Now
Proudly Made In The USA
5% of all website sales are donated to Disabled American Veterans. Learn More.